Mar 15, 2010

Sibelius - Violin Concerto in D minor Op.47

Sibelius originally dedicated the concerto to the violinist Willy Burmester ,but because of financial reasons, Sibelius decided to premiere it in Helsinki ,but Burmester was unavailable to go to Finland .So Novacek take it over him .The concerto premiered on 8 February 1904 ,with Sibelius conducting ,but Novacek played poorly and the premiere performance was a disaster .

I really love this piece !It's so great and enthralling .I love all of the movement ,i even can't decide on my favorite .The Introduction is the greatest ,and the crescendo make it sound a bit mystical .Most people thought that the melody is sort of depressing ,as for me it's more like a kind of passion that won't be known by other .The entire movement is really great .Shame on Novacek to messed up this piece !
I hope someday i'll be able to play this piece .Yes ,i know it's an extremely difficult piece ,moreover it requires a considerably high level of technical ability on the part of the soloist .I usually prefer easier piece than such virtuosic piece like this one ,but it's the best piece i've ever heard .I'll be practice the violin even more ,hope that someday i can do this piece with an orchestra !May God bless me ,and you !

0 comments: